I am back with an interesting post , its about advantages & disadvantages of being a beauty blogger .
I started blogging some one and a half year back , when I left my school job as it was getting too hectic . At that point of time I was looking for some Work from Home option which I can do at the comfort of my home and keep myself engaged .
Since I was very active on social media and I used to read others blog , I thought of doing it.
And after some research and ground work I started my blog .
Initially I found it bit difficult as I was not knowing many things and there was no one to help me out.
I used to do Google Search for every thing , starting from adding widgets to increasing blog traffic etc .Then slowly and gradually I learned many new things about blogging .
In this post I would like to mention some advantages & disadvantages of being a beauty blogger and some Do’s and Do not’s .
(Image source :Source )
Advantages of being a beauty blogger
1. Being a blogger itself is a satisfying job as its very creative and the field of beauty blogging is very interesting and creative .
2.One gets connected with many fellow bloggers and Youtubers and yes it helps to increase your friend circle & acquaintance.
3.One gets opportunity to try one of the best skin care , hair care products and cosmetics .
4. Once established as a successful blogger ,one gets the chance to try newly launched beauty and skin care products .
5. If you are in a Metro city , you can even attend various blogging activities and be a part of it .
6. Once you are established and have good number of followers on social media , You are Famous 🙂
7.One can work from home with out going out to any office or work place .
8.One can work according to their timings , it’s not a 9-5 job .
1. Initial stage of blogging is bit difficult as when one is new its difficult to get collaborations from brands , even difficult to have followers on social media , it all takes some time and hard work to establish yourself as a blogger .
2. Some times I feel beauty bloggers are a kind of Testers , we need to test and try new products so to write its review , its not necessary that all products sent for review purpose are good .
3. Some times when a brand send a products they expect to get the review ASAP , which is practically not possible as one needs to test and try the product for a good period time like for some 20-30 days then only one can come up with a good and honest review .
4. Most of the brand only want to hear good about their product , since they are giving products as free samples to bloggers they expect to read only good aspect of it and not the bad ones .
5. Some brand and sites also expect us to do a Free Work , Work without Pay , or at most what they can offer is some Discount Coupon of their site , I got many such offer like this which I refused as it really takes lot of time and effort to come up with a good post with some good pictures and writing .
6. Biggest Draw back of blogging is We are not getting a Fat Pay Package like other professions .
What we get is some products or vouchers . So those who are thinking of making good money with blogging then it’s not their cup of tea .
One needs to reach the level of some famous bloggers like Harsh Aggarwal then one can earn some good money from blogging .
Now after these advantages & disadvantages I would like to share some interesting facts about my journey of blogging 🙂
When I started blogging I had to struggle to learn many things as there was no one to help me .
I am the first Blogger from my family and now others are getting inspiration from me 🙂
After six months of blogging I got my first collaboration from a brand Sheer Skinz , a herbal brand , they had sent me a hamper of skin care & hair care products for review purpose and I was so happy .
Then they also Sponsored my giveaway , for me that was a great achievement at that point of time that a brand has shown trust on me .
Then i made many new friends , some bloggers , some my blog readers etc .
And gradually my blogging picked up , I got many collaborations both from Indian and International brands , got many Sponsored giveaways from various brands . I have also participated in various blogging activities and won few blogging contests too 🙂
That really boosted my moral that i can write well .
And now I feel happy that I have established myself as an Indian beauty blogger .
In this post I would like to mention names of all those friends and readers who have helped me .
First of all I would like to mention name of two special persons who are now my friends , they trusted me when I was a newbie , their help and support means a lot to me and they are my blog readers : SUMITA KAPOOR & NISHAT ANJUM
Without their help and support it was difficult to get good number of followers which today I have on social media .
Next group of blogger friends who had helped me with blogging , helped me to get collaborations and gave me many blogging tips .
They are :
1.ANJALI SENEGAR of ZIGZACMANIA BLOG
2.AVNI JAIN of BEAUTYPEDIA BLOG
3.ARCHANA of IBEAUTYSPY BLOG
4.SONALI PATIL of SKINCAREVILLA BLOG
There are many other blogger buddies who have helped me and guided me , a big Thank You to all 🙂
Next I would like to mention names of some Brand Owners and PR’s who are really great person’s as working with them was fun and it shows that there are really some good people in this world .
They are :
1. Meher Farhana of Amara Oraganix
2. Shabbar Syed of Grassspider
They are one of the Best People i have worked with 🙂
Collaborating with their brands was one of the best experience I had .
They themselves offered to sponsored my giveaways and did everything very smoothly and perfectly (Usually a blogger requests a brand for a sponsored giveaway but in these cases they came forward and Sponsored my giveaways )
There are many other brands with which I have collaborated , my experience with them is a mixed kind of thing , some good , some Okay and some not too good .
Here would mention some good ones :
SheerSkinz , Auravedic , Aroma Essentials , Snackible.com , Seba Med India , Clickoncare.com , Lovelylifestyle.Com , Sareez.Com , Skin18.Com etc.
Skin18.Com is again a very good brand , based out of Hongkong they send samples and products to bloggers across the world , every time I update them with a product review they are happy and send a Thank You mail or message and once they even mentioned my name in a list where they had written
“Best Beauty Bloggers “
That really motivated me to do my work more sincerely .
Now Do’s and Do Not’s of blogging :
1. Do not expect to earn a great pay package from blogging .
2. Do not expect to get name and fame overnight .
3. Do not accept cheap offers from brands like work for free or work for some discount coupons , our time and efforts are precious.
4. Do not get disheartened soon , it takes time and needs lots of hard work and effort to establish yourself as a famous blogger .
5.Do not lose hope if things are not going in a right direction , take others help , make friends with some blogger , the ones who can help and guide .
1. Start blogging if you are having a passion to write , do not do just to get some free stuffs or just for fashion as many are doing . Like other professions it also needs lots of hard work and passion .
2. Learn some basics of blogging like how to write a good article , how to click some good snaps , how to increase number of followers on social media , how to approach and contact brands for collaborations etc .
3.Try to be creative , while writing post try to write some thing new and fresh with some good snaps as it adds life to a post .
4.Enjoy your work , one can only succeed when one enjoy’s his/her work .
(Image Source : Source )
After this long post and after sharing all my blogging experience’s I would say I AM HAPPY TO BE A BEAUTY BLOGGER . This is one of the best thing that happened with me as I really enjoy my work and even if I am not earning big , I am satisfied and I am happy ( Happiness is a Million Dollar thing that does not comes easily ) . And when my blogging job is making me happy then its Worth it 🙂
Since the post is getting too long now I am closing it , hope you all enjoyed reading it .
Waiting to read some lovely comments of my friends and readers 🙂