Earlier in 90’s when mobile phones were introduced , it was for official purpose and was owned by few , with passage of time and with new technologies and developments every year we got to see new and better versions of mobile phones and now after two decades , Smartphones & iPhones are part of everyone’s life .
Irony of situation is we can’t imagine our life without it .
Whatsapp , Facebook , Instagram , Youtube , Alarm , camera , Google etc etc , for anything & everything we are dependent on it .
For work purpose , it’s Excellent . It’s like a Genie granting all your wish 🙂
* Chatting with friends
* Clicking Selfies
* Placing online order etc
But getting obsessed with the device is too bad for health reasons as well for Relationships as when we get addicted to our gadgets like Phones , iPads , Laptops we spend less time with real people and more time in the virtual world .
I have seen people spending their free time with gadgets and not meeting anyone in neighbourhood and just living in a Virtual world thinking that they are doing good by maintaining relationship on net . How ridiculous is that .
How Smartphone addiction can ruin couple relationship :
Gone are the days when our Fathers used to come early from office in the evening and spend entire time with family . Now working professionals have odd timings , specially when both are working . Both husband & wife have hectic schedule , completing their assignments & works .
So they are left with little time on weekdays and some good time on weekends BUT instead of spending that time as a Quality time , they waste it on their gadgets or smartphones by chatting with friends or playing some silly games .
This can ruin couple relationship as they are not giving time to each other .
A Couple relationship is like a Small Plant which needs to nurtured to grow .
And giving quality time is one of the most important aspect of it .
They need to talk so that they can understand each other better , can understand their problems & feelings , can give emotional support to each other when needed or else it causes a huge Communication Gap which is too bad .
There is even a term called Phubbing which means Ignoring the person in front of you for your Smartphone .
This is too bad as it makes your loved ones feel unwanted & rejected .
Now How to Stop This :
There are simple ways which we can follow to make our loved ones specially spouse come out of this Smartphone addiction & Phubbing .
* Set a mobile free time when both partners will switch off their phones and spend Quality time with each other . ( One can check missed calls & messages later on and can respond )
* Smartphones can be used at home when the other partner is busy with some other work , when free try to spend time together .
* Stop wasting time on social media sites connecting with endless peoples and ignoring & neglecting the one at home .
* Go for Digital Detox
Means if possible on holidays or weekends try to Switch off your smartphones and spend time with spouse , kids , relatives rather then being in a Virtual world making Virtual friends on Social media Sites , Meet Real People and be in a Realistic World 🙂
* Whenever possible go for Vacation , forgetting your smartphones , enjoying your free with your loved ones and using your phones just as a basic thing not more then that .
* Stop talking selfies everywhere , we don’t need to update all our moves and impress the world , rather enjoy that time to fullest without thinking anything else 🙂
Selfies can be also be taken when net is off , so that we can upload that on social media sites later on .
* Switch off your phone before going to bed , at meals , during important events .
* Get rid of unnecessary apps .
* Keep a Feature phone for making calls and switch off your smartphones for some time.
Hope these Tips are Useful 🙂
Initially it sounds too difficult but is possible as I am doing So 🙂
So give it a Try .
The last thing I do is Switch off all Gadgets & even Wi -Fi at home and ask everyone to stay together. Kids & Hubby , Initial Reaction was not good but finally everyone understood & agreed 🙂
I am writing this post as a part of #WhatILove Series by Blogger Zainab Raazi of blog SlimExpectations . Do Check her blog and bloggers can participate in this series .