Every Year we do make New Year Resolutions, Most of the time we are not able to keep it, reasons being either are a bit difficult to achieve or bit unrealistic.
Many a time it happens as we do not dare to come out of our Comfort Zone and try something different.
So this year I made a resolution which is not very tough or unrealistic, can be achieved with little hard work and patience. The most important is Motivation 🙂
My resolution is related to Diet & Health, one of the most important things in our life.
Healthy Eating & Healthy Lifestyle.
Making a complete change in our diet is not easy and feasible, one gets bored easily and loses interest in doing diet control and healthy eating, instead of that one should go slowly, taking small steps at a time.
So my New Year Resolution is: Simple Diet Tweaks To Improve Health
Sounds interesting, right ??
How to Improve your diet in a healthy way without bringing a complete change in your menu.
Indians are obsessed with Rice, Daal, Curries, Fried food, Sweets, Halwa’s etc.
Most of these foods are not very healthy.
During the festive season and other functions, we can’t help but get indulge in enjoying all sort of delicacies.
On daily basis also we eat what is cooked for everyone, kids, elders etc.
Bringing a complete change is a bit difficult, but we can do this gradually, incorporating healthy options with unhealthy ones.
So in this post, I will share some tips on how we can do that.
1. Replace your Refine oil with some healthy oils like Olive oil, Coconut oil.
For small kids, we can even use Pure Ghee ( Clarified Butter ) as it is healthier than refined oil.
2. Instead of deep frying, we can do shallow frying or even baking, so as to use less oil.
3. Replace Sugar with Honey or Jaggery as refined sugar is very unhealthy and cause for many health problems.
4. Avoid outside food as much as possible as we never know the quantity & quality of salt, sugar, oils used there, better to stick to homemade food.
Preparing those delicious recipes what we are fond of, is not that difficult, there are numerous food channels on Youtube from where we can learn those recipes or even from some recipe books.
5. Kids love junk foods, we can substitute those junk food with healthy snacks like homemade cakes or donuts, Peanut chikkis etc.
6. Kids can enjoy Indian Sweets as they are in a growing stage, but as elders, we should limit it and take healthier ones like Flavoured Yogurt etc ( so to satisfy our sweet tooth )
7. We can also incorporate steamed & baked dishes on our menu.
Like Idli, Baked Chicken etc.
There are also many sweet dishes which are baked & steamed one like many Bengali Sweets are steamed, so one can try those as they are healthier.
This way slowly, we can change eating habit and swift to a healthier version of the food.
This will help us to achieve our goals of eating healthy and staying healthy.
This approach is a bit realistic as we can bring changes gradually and not suddenly, so easier to maintain and continue.
Apart from this on a personal level when we want to improve our diet, we can do more like
* Drink plenty of water, 8-10 glasses in a day, it helps to flush out toxins from the body , helps to keep skin healthy and many more benefits.
* Limit our portion.
Instead of eating more to fill the stomach , we should eat less, say around 20% less than our hunger, so this way we can limit our calories. And it’s good for digestion too.
* Eat smaller portion at regular intervals.
Like some fruits, soups, healthy snacks, so that we do not feel too hungry at mealtime and eat less.
* Dinner should be very light, preferably soups as it helps to maintain and lose weight.
* Include lots of veggies and fruits in our diet.
Our plate should be colorful 🙂
Should include all seasonal fruits & vegetables.
* We should eat nuts as snacks like Almonds, Pistachios etc. These are healthy & delicious.
* We should take fiber-rich foods like Oats, Corn etc, this helps to get a feeling of full for long and there are fewer cravings.
All these will help to maintain & reduce weight, stay healthy and active and feel happy.
As when we are healthy, we feel active and we are able to do what we want and thus feel happy and satisfied.
On the other hand when we are ill, or because of severe dieting, we always feel hungry or starved, we don’t feel good from inside and then we lack concentration in our work.
So eat healthily and stay happy 🙂
Hope you all liked this post and found it useful.
Do check their blog’s and posts in this series.