Specially for small kids as usually kids are fussy eaters and do not like vegetables and are keen to munch unhealthy snacks .
The first step for cooking a healthy meal is ” To shop Healthy Grocery for your Family “
In this post I will share some Tips How to Shop Healthy for Your Meals .
1. Make a List
Many a times we do not prepare the grocery list and simply buy what we see at super stores or malls .
This habit is not good as we miss few items as well most of times we buy unnecessary stuffs .
One should plan weekly meals and buy grocery accordingly .
So that all the food items are being used and finished in that week only .
2. Food items like Rice , Cereals , Dried beans and ones which do not perish quickly can be brought in bulk so as to save some money .
3. Buy Whole foods instead of buying cooked ones .
Cooked food products like Curries , Paratha’s have some preservatives in it , also salt content of these products are higher , so better to avoid such as they are unhealthy & expensive .
One can easily cook such dishes at home which are fresh & healthier .
4. For Fruits & Vegetables one can buy it from local vendors rather then from Superstores as local vendors bring fresh ones and many a times price is less than what’s available at mall or superstores .
5. With kids one needs to buy some snacks , Try to buy Healthy snacks like Dry Fruits ( Almonds , Pistachios etc ) which they will eat rather then buying unhealthy snacks like cookies & candies .
Once in a while we can give them cookies & candies but regular consumption is not good.
6. Again for Fish , Chicken or Mutton better to buy fresh ones rather then frozen ones .
7. Do check expiry date of all packed food items so as to avoid any health problem later on .
8. If possible try to read ingredients of packed food items , so as to know amount of salt , sugar , preservatives & Calories in it , so as to do a wise shopping and avoid food loaded with calories .
9. Avoid Soft drinks , Colas as they are too bad for health , Try to buy Fruit juices .
Again one needs to check sugar content in it , try to get ones which are sugar free or have less sugar in it .
10 .One can opt for Plain Yogurt rather than flavored ones as they have good amount of sugar in it , one can add fresh fruits at home to make it more delicious .
11. One can buy fresh & colorful veggies like Beetroot , Carrot , Tomato to make healthy soup at home rather than buying Ready made Soups which have lots of preservatives & food color ( which are bad for health )
12. Try to buy Organic foods : fruits , vegetables & lentils .
Though they are bit expensive than regular ones but are healthy .
This way one can do Healthy Grocery Shopping .
One can try to make simple but delicious dishes at home which all will like .
Instead of making same boring stuffs one can always try new and different recipes ( One can take help from Youtube Videos or any Recipe book )
Home cooked food are far better than what’s available outside as we never know how they are cooked : Hygiene factor , Oil used , amount of salt , sugar or spices , freshness of the food product etc.
This way we can make our family eat healthy food and also save some money and have peace of mind 🙂
Hope You all liked this post and found it useful .
This article is written as a part of #SuperBloggerChallenge2018 conducted by Healthwealthbridge.com , Fashionablefoodz.com , Allaboutthewoman.com and should not be repurposed , republished or used otherwise .The content herein is owned by the blogger. SuperBloggerChallenge2018 is not responsible for any kind of infringement caused .